[U-Boot] Building U-Boot under Ubuntu 8.10

cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Jun 11 16:05:12 CEST 2009

ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE are set and exported
(ARCH=ppc, CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-)

The problem appears to be with the assembler (as). The as: unrecognized
option "-mppc" is what's killing me.

I get through the compilation of "make -C tools all"

The error happens during compilation of hello_world in "make -C examples
all"

I'm going to try to use ELDK 4.1 instead of 4.2. The ELDK 4.1_AMCC iso
worked on my Windows host with colinux.

Thanks.

Christopher M. Fairfax
Sr. Software Engineer
Rockwell Collins
+1 540-428-3344
+1 540-428-3301
cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com
This message contains PRIVILEGED AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above.  Any disclosure,
distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by immediate reply and delete the original message.  Thank you.

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
06/11/2009 03:58 AM

cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com
cc
Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org>, u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject
Re: [U-Boot] Building U-Boot under Ubuntu 8.10

Dear cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com,

In message
<OF8E7A40DC.A763CF10-ON852575D2.00002464-852575D2.00005580 at rockwellcollins.com>
you wrote:

> Sorry. I should've mentioned that I installed the ELDK 4.2 for
> ppc-linux-x86. I"m using powerpc-linux-gcc for cross-compiling.

Did you also enable it by adding it to your PATH and by setting and
exporting the ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE variables?

My guess is that you forgot to set and export CROSS_COMPILE ...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.