[U-Boot] Building U-Boot under Ubuntu 8.10

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 11 19:25:36 CEST 2009

Dear Ben Warren,

In message <4A3136E6.9000006 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> Based on my limited understanding, it seems this should be a valid
> prefix.  If you have a moment, can you explain why it's not?  In my
> installation everything seems to point to 'powerpc-linux-*':

I already explained this.

For details, please see the documentation; see especially section
"3.6.A Table of possible values for $CROSS_COMPILE" at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/ELDKUsage#CrossCompileValues

(note that this table does not mention all implications / effects  of
chosing CROSS_COMPILE - there are other compiler optiones affected as
well, i. e. things like -mfloat-gprs, -mspe, -mabi, etc.).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Politics:  A  strife  of  interests  masquerading  as  a  contest  of
principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
- Ambrose Bierce