[U-Boot] 34704 PMIC

Paul Thomas pthomas8589 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 03:29:22 CEST 2009

Well, I finally have u-boot-v2 booting on my open source imx27 board. This
brings me to the next step of enabling the 3.3v supply on the freescale
mc34704 power management IC. I see that there is an SPI driver for the
mc13783 PMIC. One big difference is that the mc34704 communicates with i2c
whereas it looks like the mc13783 uses SPI.

Has anyone in u-boot or u-boot-v2 done anything with the mc34704?

Is there any sort of i2c layer in u-boot-v2?

Any other advice before I start hacking?

thanks,
Paul