[U-Boot] Boot ELF image using tftpboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 13 09:34:31 CEST 2009

Dear Vered Zvi,

In message <0E3B1CAFCEB8484D8071762F8538E90317A5CA at ELTIMAIL.elta.co.il> you wrote:

> I want to boot vxworks with uboot 1.3.4 using tftp.
> After I got the prompt I wrote: tftpboot.
> The vxworks ELF image was downloaded to the target but then I had to write bootelf.
> Should tftpboot load and run the ELF image upon download completion ?

No, it should not.

> I also tried: tftp; bootelf. After download completion I got the prompt. bootelf was not executed.

Can you please shouw us the exact commands you typed, and the output
you got?

>  The information contained in this communication is proprietary to Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., ELTA Systems Ltd.
> and/or third parties, may contain classified or privileged information, and is intended only for

Please make sure not to post proprietary information to public
mailing lists. You could get serious problems with your bosses and/or
IAI security authorities when they learn that you disclose
proprietary information to the public.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Never give in.  Never give in.  Never. Never. Never."
- Winston Churchill