[U-Boot] [ANNOUNCE] ARM config scheme for board and machine update

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Sat Jun 13 17:02:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

	Currently boards and arch define there own CONFIG_IXP or CONFIG_VCMA9
	where they are also have a define in the mach-types.h

	so now to simplify linux code share and reduce duplicate define
	we switch to the linux style (please check the mach-types.h for it)

	CONFIG_ARCH_xxx for arch
	and
	CONFIG_MACH_xxx for machine

	for board and arch that are send precedently to this announce
	will not have to switch to be ack but it will nice to do it.
	We will switch the current one step by step

	For other arch and board it will be mandotory

	The Kconfig support will be send with in days and it will be also
	mandatory to have switch to it before be include in it's Kconfig files

Best Regards,
J.