[U-Boot] [RFC] Menu Frameworj

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jun 14 10:51:52 CEST 2009

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20090614082707.GA22856 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> > Is this new invented code, or is this in any way an adaption of
> > exiting code, like the menu interface as used on the Openmoko
> > Freerunner etc. ?
> new code that I write myself why?

This is bad. Re-inventing the wheel again and again does not make it
better.

> I do not read the openmoko code any way

May I please ask you to read it now, and either adapt it or come up
with a compatible implementation?

I'd rather see convergence and consolidation (i. e. pulling
out-of-tree features into mainline) instead of ever growing
divergence.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You've no idea of what a poor opinion  I  have  of  myself,  and  how
little I deserve it.                                  - W. S. Gilbert