[U-Boot] [RFC] Menu Frameworj

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Jun 14 13:15:08 CEST 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 05:24:02 Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 05:24 Sun 14 Jun     , Mike Frysinger wrote:

> > > This is bad. Re-inventing the wheel again and again does not make it
> > > better.

> > > May I please ask you to read it now, and either adapt it or come up
> > > with a compatible implementation?
> > >
> > > I'd rather see convergence and consolidation (i. e. pulling
> > > out-of-tree features into mainline) instead of ever growing
> > > divergence.
> >
> > especially considering the openmoko code has seen real world use
>
> what tell you this one does not?
>
> This one does see real world too for sometimes

sorry, what i meant was "wide" real world use.  i didnt mean to imply you
didnt actually test anything.  openmoko is being hacked on around the world.
ive used the menu system myself on my openmoko (not to say i prefer it -- i
dont particularly care at this point).  of course, if u-boot did support this,
i would probably integrate it into the one or two ADI boards that have LCDs
and keypads.
-mike