[U-Boot] [RFC] Menu Frameworj

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Sun Jun 14 17:05:42 CEST 2009

On 12:44 Sun 14 Jun     , Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

> > > But you do.
> > I do not as I'm not pay to merge them stuff
>
> You want to get *your* code into mainline, and this will not happen
> unless there is a good reason to accept your new, most likely
> incompatible.
I looked at the openmoko stuff and it's all a big hack with stuff
hardcoded and crammed in the wrong places

they hack common console to have it working
They do not support submenu
They support only one boot menu (horrible hack of the console)
no command to create menu from the prompt

the only 2 think they have which I've not implemented is

1) auto select support for the menu which I could implement later
2) key name to describe menu action

Best Regards,
J.