[U-Boot] BDIxxxx and others...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 17 07:39:13 CEST 2009

Dear David Hawkins,

In message <4A382998.4010300 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:

> The USB-TAP has a PowerPC processor in it ... so even if you
> had to blow away the original firmware, I'm sure it wouldn't
> be too hard to figure out what code would be required to
> make the device look like a USB debugger, and then create
> a set of USB commands to generate JTAG transactions.
>
> I think the main problem is getting the JTAG TAP codes
> for manipulating JTAG. I've never seen a document relating
> to that, so they are obviously NDA.

Right. Implementing some JTAG access routines is not that  difficult.
Implementing  debug support requires you to sign a NDA which prevents
you from developing any free software from it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In any group of employed individuals the only naturally  early  riser
is  _always_  the office manager, who will _always_ leave reproachful
little notes ... on the desks of their subordinates.
                                - Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_