[U-Boot] howto get the nand flash enviroment variables inenv_init ?

Manuel Sahm Manuel.Sahm at feig.de
Thu Jun 18 13:42:54 CEST 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Manuel Sahm wrote:

> Hello,

Please, do not top-post.

> thanks for reply,
>
> this patch is very good in general, but the problem is that the
> function nand_boot() is never called in my architecture.
> I use a AT91SAM9G20 from Atmel [ARM9].
>
> Do oyu have another idea ?

You mean you boot from another memory (NOR) and have your environment in
NAND? I think, this is one of configurations, that we said noone would
ever come up with... Maybe I'm wrong though, see if others correct me.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de

Hello,
all is inside the NAND flash,

0x00000 First Level Bootloader (which loads the UBoot from 0x20000 to RAM and execute it)
0x20000 UBoot
0x60000 UBootEnviroment
0x80000 UBoot Enviroment Rendundant

So have a look at /lib_arm/board.c
The function nand_init() and env_relocate() sre called too late for the "silent" flag.

I tried to place the functions nand_init() and env_relocate() into the function env_init(), but that crashes...?

Thanks for help
Manuel