[U-Boot] "nand biterr" ... got an implementation?

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 19 05:10:32 CEST 2009

This is still in my mailbox, don't know that I'll get around to
it any time soon, but another requirement came to mind.

On Wednesday 22 April 2009, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:38:27PM -0700, David Brownell wrote:
> > I was hoping that I could use that to test some NAND code, but
> > then I noticed it wasn't implemented.  I would have expected that
> > U-Boot command wouldn't exist until they're implemented...
>
> Sorry about that. :-(
>
> It probably existed in an older version of the NAND code, and never got
> reimplemented.
>
> > I'm hoping someone has an implementation.  With at least these
> > characteristics:
> >
> >  - Doesn't toggle the same bit each time
> >  - Repeating N times on a block introduces N distinct 1-bit errors

     - Needs to reflect ECC structure.  That is, when a 2K page is
       split into four distinct 512-byte ECC regions (plus OOB),
       it must be possible to force e.g. four errors in the second
       region while leaving the others alone.