[U-Boot] Question regarding FPGA firmware load in u-boot

Dieter Kiermaier dk-arm-linux at gmx.de
Fri Jun 19 17:46:52 CEST 2009

Hello List,

I want to boot a (Lattice) FPGA from u-boot by using Slave Serial
configuration on a Marvell Kirkwood device.
As seen there is an (Xilinx and Altera) FPGA loader driver allready available
in u-boot.
Please can somebody explain how I have to provide a FPGA bitstream
image to u-boot?
It seems I have to create a image with mkimage?
This image have to be loaded into ram and the address has to be provided to
the load command?
Is there a maintainer for the FPGA code inside u-boot?
I'm willing to contribute some extensions for Lattice FPGAs if I'm successful!

Thanks to all,
Dieter