[U-Boot] Mips, U-Boot and ramdisk

Robert Hodaszi mouse1 at sch.bme.hu
Tue Jun 23 12:14:27 CEST 2009

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for the answer!
> Hi Robert,
>
> root=/dev/ram is definitely correct.  It was MS-DOS a while ago, which
> switched the '/'s to '\'s on stealing the hierarchical file system
> concept from Unix ;)

Sorry! Yes I used '/'. I just missed it.

> This is highly specific to the architecture.  Looking into MIPS code, it
> an environment like datastructure is built and passes that to the kernel
> (lib_mips/bootm.c).

I thought... But I didn't find any description about this.
> I can't help you here, the best thing would be to debug this.  Maybe the
> MIPS kernel changed the way the environment is passed?
>
> Cheers
>   Detlev

I'm trying, but it's not so easy to debug the Au1200 with the BDI3000.
If I want to single step the code, I should set the "Enable single step
mode" flag in the processor's debug CP0 register, and clear when I'm
using breakpoints, and other goodies... :)

Best regards,
Robert Hodaszi