[U-Boot] Device tree on ppc board

Olivier DAVID olivier.david at innes.fr
Tue Jun 23 22:57:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

I work on a custom board, MPC8248 based (my reference BSP was MPC8260ADS),
with uboot 1.1.4 and linux 2.6.11, and works perfectly.

We have to pass to linux 2.6.27, and it is just the version from which ppc
and powerpc has been merged, and device tree the unique way to pass
'bdinfo'. The uboot version can't be more than 1.1.6, the linux must be
2.6.27, and I can't find the information if it's compatible.

Can anybody affirm me if it's possible, and how to do it in linux 1.1.4 ?

How do we change the bdinfo structure header to device tree, is there any
board which uses this feature ?

Thank you !