[U-Boot] Uboot and ARM SMP support

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:47:41 CEST 2009

Sudeep K N said the following on 06/25/2009 12:11 PM:
> Sorry, may be I confused you.
> I indent to use only one core for u-boot.
> I wanted to ask whether we need to update the cache
> management to boot for ARM Cortex A9 SMP if we take
> ARM Cortex A8 code as base.
> I have tried and did not require any change on top of A8 code
> to run u-boot on A9 SMP.
> Is that right approach?

you may want to see [1] how this was done for OMAP4 (which has a SMP
cortex A9)-> we can discuss how to setup cortex_a9 in mainline u-boot.

My thought would be: cpu/arm_cortexa9 - considering that a9 cores could
be from 1 to 4 or so if my memory serves right -> btw, I wonder how SMP
handling is done in u-boot today..

Regards,
Nishanth Menon
Ref: