[U-Boot] U-book and GPLv3? (fwd)

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:48:12 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Mike Frysinger<vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 June 2009 20:59:47 Richard Stallman wrote:
>>       their response is simply "fine, we'll move on to the next=
>>     =20
>>     guy who will satisfy our requirements".
>>
>> When people offer to use my programs if I relax the license
>> requirements, my respose to them is, "If you don't use my software,
>> that's your loss."
>
> feel free to go write your own bootloader then.  or improve grub2 such that it
> can actually compete with u-boot.  then you may make these statements all you
> like.
> -mike

These kind of snide comments don't address the point and it really
bugs me, just like the typical political response of "if you don't
like 'x' then move to another country".

Richard is simply explaining how he thinks and feels, his point of
view. Most people are aware that it is within their rights to
implement software as they so choose. Be confident enough in your
opinion and viewpoint to let others opinions stand without this kind
of nonsense.

Chris