[U-Boot] U-book and GPLv3? (fwd)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Jun 26 01:29:47 CEST 2009

      if the GNU project wants people to use the GPLv3 and people have
    a perception of it being crap, then it's their problem to address
    it.

I don't think there is much danger of that.  Many software packages
use GPLv3 and are appreciated by many users.

But there is a deeper point to make.  The substance of what we do is
our own responsibility, but others' "perception" of it is more
directly their responsibility than ours.  When we face an ethical
issue, we should think about what is right and then do it.  We should
not back down merely because of disparagement from those who disagree.