[U-Boot] Trouble "booting using board info"

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jun 26 13:58:08 CEST 2009

Hi Mikhail,

>> If this all fails and as you are way past U-Boot, change the mailing
>> list to linuxppc-dev :)
>
> Is this really "way past U-Boot"? I was under the impression that my
> issue is at the hand-off point from U-Boot to the kernel and that the
> kernel wasn't doing anything yet. Am I wrong?

Well U-Boot called the entry function of the Linux kernel, so we are
inside Linux territory.  The fact that you do not see any output on your
terminal is not enough top infer that Linux does _nothing_.  For all you
see, it may well boot into a fully functioning system without using a
console on your serial port...

Cheers
  Detlev

--