[U-Boot] Compiling the latest u-boot-2009.06 with Cross-2.95, and errors came out

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jun 26 14:41:35 CEST 2009

Hi Johnson Y,

> I met several compiling errors as below:
>
> make -C cpu/arm920t/at91rm9200/
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/johnson-yn/GEARI/u-boot-2009.06/cpu/arm920t/at91rm9200'
> arm-linux-gcc: lowlevel_init.o: No such file or directory
> arm-linux-gcc: unrecognized option `-MQ'

[...]

> Is that possibly because of the version of the cross compiler?? and
> should I raise it to cross 3.2 or higher to solve this problem??

The error message is clear - the U-Boot build uses an option which your
compiler does not understand.  You have two ways of fixing this

1) upgrade your toolchain to a compiler understanding -MQ
2) "downgrade" the U-Boot buildprocess for your toolchain

I advise 1) as 2) invests time into something you will need to abandon
sometime anyhow.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither.
           -- Thomas Jefferson