[U-Boot] Kernel patch for CONFIG_LOGBUFFER

Evseev, Serguei Serguei.Evseev at safenet-inc.com
Sun Jun 28 02:57:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for a working patch for the Linux kernel 2.6.28.8 that would allow using CONFIG_LOGBUFFER (a kernel log buffer shared between U-Boot and the kernel). I'm using u-boot 1.3.3. When LOGBUFFER is enabled in the kernel configuration the kernel build fails with:
kernel/built-in.o: In function `setup_ext_logbuff':
: undefined reference to `setup_ext_logbuff_mem'

Could anybody also tell me how the buffer location (I think the size is fixed to 16K) is communicated to the kernel, via a kernel command line parameter? If so, what is it?

Thanks,
Serguei

or disclosing it.