[U-Boot] U-book and GPLv3? (fwd)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Jun 29 20:48:50 CEST 2009

    As Mike has stated - we work on many devices who's products would fall under
    the GPL 3's  User Products  category - who's manufactures have told us "No
    GPL3".

Would you like to describe one such product?  All the product types
discussed so far are outside the category of User Products.  The laws
you cites also seem to apply to things which are not User Products.

     They have this right - the right to use the software - or the right to
    choose something else. They have indicated they will exercise this right - so
    far - I believe them.

If a company seeks to restrict users like you and me, I strongly hope
my software does not help them.