[U-Boot] Trouble "booting using board info"

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Mon Jun 29 21:03:32 CEST 2009

Mikhail Zaturenskiy wrote:
> Is it possible to look at a post-fixup device tree in u-boot? It looks
> like u-boot is not updating my dts with the values for my RAM, cpu
> frequency, etc. before loading the kernel.
>
> Is there any obvious reason for this? Am I missing a #define of some sort?

Hi Mikhail,

The board fixup is a board-specific thing.  Are you doing that in your
board configuration?

If you have CONFIG_OF_BOARD_SETUP defined (if you don't that probably is
the answer to your missing #define question), you can run
   fdt boardsetup
and then
   fdt print /
to see what the fixed up tree looks like.

You can also run the bootm command step-by-step (some steps may not
apply to your board)...

bootm start
bootm loados
bootm ramdisk