[U-Boot] Undefined reference to'flash_sect_protect' in env_flash.c

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 30 15:37:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

>>> I met this compiling error, any idea?
>>>
>>> /common/env_flash.c:312: undefined reference to `flash_sect_protect'
>>> /common/env_flash.c:316: undefined reference to `flash_sect_erase'
>>> /common/env_flash.c:329: undefined reference to `flash_sect_protect'
>>> make: *** [u-boot] Error 1
>>>

>> Sure you are missing the definition of those functions.  Maybe you'd
>> care to give us information so we can reproduce this?  Is this a
>> standard configuration?  What version of U-Boot?
>>
> These problems have gone and I did finally get the u-boot.bin on
> version 2009.06. I'm porting u-boot to a self-made board over
> AT91RM9200. There are some further small problems with the operation
> on NOR flash, whose model is INTEL 28F640J3.
>
> I copied flash.c from board/xm250/ and made modifications to suit my
> own board because xm250 uses the same flash chip.

Ah, please don't do that.  A quick search shows that this chip is CFI
compatible.  So instead of using yet another customer flash driver(tm),
please try using the cfi driver (-> CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER).

> All seem to be timed out operations.....any idea please?

Yes, use the standard driver ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime