[U-Boot] Need assistance with increasing command line size on Cavium

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 30 16:06:26 CEST 2009

Hi Garrett,

>     Our group is running into command line length issues with a number
> of Cavium boards we have at our office (CN38xx, CN5xxx), and I was
> wondering (apart from the Linux kernel command line length), where I
> would look to increase the size for the command line that's passed
> from U-boot to the Linux kernel, as well as maybe which config file I
> should be modifying to enact these changes.

First thing would be to ask whoever provided you with the code ;)

If this doesn't help, check the code in lib_mips/bootm.c.  Especially
linux_params_init.  Also be sure to check what gd->bd->bi_boot_params is
on your boards.

As I cannot see any Cavium support in mainline U-Boot, when can we
expect the patches adding support to be posted? :)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The fact is, volatile on data structures is a bug. It's a wart in the C
language. It shouldn't be used.