[U-Boot] U-book and GPLv3? (fwd)

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 30 16:30:05 CEST 2009

Hi Jerry,

thanks a lot for your work of analyzing the current situation - I
appreciate that very much.

> I did *not* analyze the files for complexity and appropriateness of
> copyright/license information in the file.  That should be done
> regardless of the results of the GPLv3 debate and the files that should
> have copyright/license information in their headers need to be either
> fixed or replaced.

Yes indeed - it has become more than clear that we have to get clean on
this front now, regardless of any licensing changes.

Everyone who wants to help on this front is invited to do so.  Hopefully
git can help us track down people if we need to.  If it turns out to be
of help, I can surely dig up the last CVS repository before the
conversion to git.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Wenn ein Kopf und ein Buch zusammenstossen und es klingt hohl; ist
denn das allemal im Buche?