[U-Boot] Uboot and DMA

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Tue Mar 3 13:47:06 CET 2009

Hi Nikhil,

praveen G wrote:
> Hi,
> Any updates??
>
> Nikhil

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM, praveen G <gpraveen4u at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please let me know if Uboot uses DMA for any of its operations during board
>> bootup.

U-Boot supports quite a few different processor families with an a large
range of variants over hundreds of boards.  I have not checked, but I'm
pretty confident the answer is "yes" for at least one board in there and
for at least some interpretation of "bootup."

>> Please let me know if Uboot has DMA support and if yes how??

Very carefully.  If you want to use DMA on your processor and your
board, you should do it very carefully as well.

>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Nikhil

Less flippantly, you have the source.  Search it and learn.  We don't
have enough information to give you any better advice.

Best regards,
gvb