[U-Boot] AT91SAM926x Nor Boot

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Tue Mar 3 18:15:19 CET 2009

Jens Scharsig wrote:

> I'm start with a port for a new customer board with NOR-flash only.
> Our customer don't like use AT91Bootstrap.
>
> I look at the source, but don't found any initialization code for
> AT91SAM926x.
>
> My question:
>
> Are there any plans or patches which support to use u-boot without
> AT91Bootstrap? or
> Should I do this by myself?

I have tested a solution based on U-Boot-1.1.5 as modified by Atmel.
The
adaptation to booting via NOR flash itself was written by Alessandro
Rubini:

http://www.gnudd.com/pub/patches/at91sam9263ek-nor/at91sam9263ek-nor.pdf

Although it is based on old code, the documentation of the problem of
booting
from NOR flash on the AT91SAM9263 is worth reading.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs