[U-Boot] Display Sub SYstem Controller Initialization

Rahanesh rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Mar 9 12:54:44 CET 2009

Hi All,

As per your advice  i have used Xloader and then i loaded MY RTOS image   .
My RTOS works fine. Thanks.

I Need your advice on Display Subsystem Controller available on OMAP3530.
After sucessfully porting RTOS , now i am trying to use the LCD available on
the board.
This is my requirement:

I have a JPG image. Now i need to display the JPG file through the LCD
monitor available on the board.

I have gone through the technical reference manual for OMAP35X Application
processor. The manual said Display subsystem is comprised of various
modules. Do i need to initialize and write driver for all the modules
available in Display Sub-System?

Modules I meant are :

1) Display controller (DISPC) module

2) Remote frame buffer interface (RFBI) module

3) Serial display interface (SDI) complex input/output (I/O) module with the
associated phased-locked loop (PLL)

4) Display serial interface (DSI) complex I/O module and a DSI protocol
engine

5) DSI PLL controller that drives a DSI PLL and high-speed (HS) divider

6) NTSC/PAL video encoder .

I have gone through the programmers model available in the technical
reference manual. It said about lot of configuration  like  Graphics layer
configuration , Video layer configuration, etc. Should i do all these to
display a simple image. Please help .

 Regards

Rahanesh

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.