[U-Boot] U-boot debugger/emulator

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 10 14:12:24 CET 2009

Dear Steven Zedeck,

In message <22426368.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good JTAG-based emulator with a good Windows or
> Linux-based debugger? Microchip's tools were very inexpensive and pretty
> powerful. PowerPC's were a bit more expensive. I need something where I can
> build U-boot with its makefiles, that we all know and love, load the code
> into flash and/or ram, set breakpoints, single-step, look at variables, look
> at C-source code, registers, possibly an IDE/editor, etc.

As already mentioned, we too strongly recommend the BDI3000 by
Abatron. It fits perfectly into a GNU toolchain based development
environment, has full MMU support (which is essential when it comes to
Linux kernel debugging) and supports a wide range of embedded
processors - ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, ColdFire, ...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Where there's no emotion, there's no motive for violence.
	-- Spock, "Dagger of the Mind", stardate 2715.1