[U-Boot] Adding a new device to my project

Steven Zedeck saz at proliphix.com
Tue Mar 10 16:45:24 CET 2009

Hi,
I have a general U-boot question that is causing me confusion.

I am adding a new device to my existing project. So I assume that I'll need
to rerun config
(i.e.: make target_config). Correct?

I have a .h file in the include/configs directory. I need to modify it to
add my new config such as:
#define CONFIG_DEVICE_FOO 1        Correct?

Then how does include/autoconf.mk get recreated? The last time I tried to do
this, I spent a hours trying to rebuild my project that I broke.

Sorry for the "dumb" uboot question.
thanks in advance,
Steve