[U-Boot] Dynamically sized CFI flash.

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Wed Mar 11 08:05:28 CET 2009

Hello Jon,

Jon Smirl wrote:
> I'm porting support for a Phytec PCM030 (mpc5200) from 1.2 up to
> current head so that I can get it merged.  These boards can be
> populated with a variety of flash chips, there is code to compute the
> size of these chips and fix up bank_base[] in cfi_flash.c In u-boot
> 1.3.4 bank_base[] was rewritten.  What is the correct way to do these
> calculations?

I suggest to activate CONFIG_SYS_UPDATE_FLASH_SIZE
Then you get the update_flash_size (int flash_size) function
called after the cfi driver counted the flash size.

examples:
[hs at pollux u-boot]$ grep -lr update_flash_size .
./board/jupiter/jupiter.c
./board/tqc/tqm8272/tqm8272.c
./lib_ppc/board.c
[hs at pollux u-boot]$