[U-Boot] fat32 cluster size check

twebb taliaferro62 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:11:06 CET 2009

I see that a fix for cluster size checking for fat32 was commited in
8ce4e5...  "Fix checking fat32 cluster size."  One question I have is
that I implemented the fix but still see occasional problems with
fatls and fatload failing with "Invalid FAT entry".  Is the max value
for the new macro CHECK_CLUST() supposed to be 0x0FFF FFF0 (as it is
now) or should it be 0xFFFF FFF0?

The value I'm seeing for curclust returned from get_fatent() =
0xFFFFFF8 which results in the CHECK_CLUST() failure.  This is
occurring in get_vfatname().

I'm seeing the problem on a 4Gbyte SDcard with a 32+Mbyte FAT32
partition.  Any ideas?

Two follow-on questions (that may be way off base):

Do FATBUFBLOCKS need to be increased beyond 6 to support FAT32?
Does u-boot FAT32 support require filenames to be in 8.3 form only, or
are longer filenames supported?

Thanks.