[U-Boot] exit(-1) function in U-Boot

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:38:00 CET 2009

Hi Wolfgang,

>Instead of vague descriptions like "something is wrong  within  TFTP"
>or  "it  breaks"  you  could  try  and post the exact commands you're
>trying and the exact error messages you are seing,

I am sorry for being  vague, I hope this example will make it a bit more
clear:

static void
TftpTimeout (void)
{
    if (++TftpTimeoutCount > TIMEOUT_COUNT) {
        puts ("\nRetry count exceeded; timeout error\n");
        if (image_valid == 0)
        {
            /*
             * We have no valid Linux image anymore!
             * We must start update again!
             */
             NetStartAgain ();
        }
       * else /* last image is not corrupted, I want to boot it */
        {
             /* LET ME OUT! I do not want to go back to net.c caller,
bacause I do not know how to tell him it was TIMEOUT.
                 All I can do is NetState = NETLOOP_FAIL. Not much of an
info. */
            printf("TIMEOUT error\n");
            exit (-1);
        }*
    } else {
        puts ("T ");
        NetSetTimeout (TIMEOUT * CFG_HZ, TftpTimeout);
        TftpSend ();
    }
}

>including  information which version of U-Boot you are running
u-boot-1.1.6

>and on which platform.
ARM9

Best regards,