[U-Boot] About PCI of U-BOOT of CANYONLANDS

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Wed Mar 18 15:48:13 CET 2009

Kazuaki Ichinohe wrote:
> Hi Anatolij, Stefan,
>
> The memory space is displayed in BAR2 of the PCI configuration space.
> The video driver accesses this memory space and the exception is generated.
>
>  driver source: u-boot/drivers/video/ati_radeon_fb.c
>  function name: void *video_hw_init(void)
>  line         : 760line

it seems that the driver is able to access memory space (registers, e.g.
in radeon_identify_vram() ) but cannot access framebuffer?

Please replace '#undef DEBUG' in drivers/video/ati_radeon_fb.c
with '#define DEBUG' and also enable CONFIG_VIDEO and use
#define VIDEO_IO_OFFSET 0xD0800000 and post the boot log again.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Anatolij

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de