[U-Boot] About PCI of U-BOOT of CANYONLANDS

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Thu Mar 19 14:17:36 CET 2009

Kazuaki Ichinohe wrote:
>> Try to set VIDEO_IO_OFFSET to 0xD8000000, it should work. The
>> value of 0xD0800000 is wrong, now I see it after double-checking
>> the PCI/IO map in the PPC460EX manual. Sorry, my fault.
>
> The PCI memory space is accessible.
> However, the video output cannot be confirmed.
> Why ?

It is hard to guess. Does the driver recognize video RAM size
correctly? Is the video RAM accessible? You can test it using
'md 0x80000000', 'mw 0x80000000 0xaa55aa55 1', 'md 0x80000000'
commands. If the video RAM access doesn't work, than the VGA BIOS
boot failed for some reason. Does your ATI card have two display
output connectors? Are these DVI or VGA output connectors? Try to
connect the display to another VGA connector if any.

Best regards,
Anatolij

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de