[U-Boot] Writing a SATA driver

Chris Ziomkowski cziom at jsg.co.th
Tue Mar 24 17:10:09 CET 2009

Please forgive my dreadful ignorance. I have no experience with uBoot. I
just downloaded the source code today.

I need to write a driver for a custom SATA IP core for MicroBlaze on a
Xilinx ML505. I have not been successful finding any documentation which
explains how to do this with uBoot.

 From looking at the source code in the drivers directory and looking
for common functions (lucky there were 2 examples or I wouldn't have
even got this far), it appears I need to write at least 4 functions:

init_sata()
scan_sata()
sata_read()
sata_write()

Is there some real documentation somewhere which explains exactly what
these functions are supposed to do? Are there more that I have missed? I
apologize if I am supposed to know these answers already, but after a
few hours of investigation I have not been able to come up with anything
useful.

Can someone recommend a course of action that will help me understand
what I need to do?

Thank you for any assistance.

Chris