[U-Boot] Size of external u-boot commands

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 27 00:26:47 CET 2009

Dear Jon Smirl,

In message <9e4733910903261435x598055f8m74c5ac03ad16b67e at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> The *.bin format is not smart enough to encode gaps. It just puts in
> 60KB of zeros.

Yes, of course. A binary image cannot have holes in it.

> My ELF files are 73KB.
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 jonsmirl jonsmirl 73290 2009-03-26 16:49 hello_world
>
> Tell me the right way to make these example programs small and I'll
> submit a patch.

I don't see a problem that needs fixing. These are example  problems.
The  image  size plays no role. If you have any specific requirements
for your own code, then adjust the linker script  according  to  your
requirements.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Where there's no emotion, there's no motive for violence.
	-- Spock, "Dagger of the Mind", stardate 2715.1