[U-Boot] U-Boot makefiles question

Steven Zedeck saz at proliphix.com
Fri Mar 27 13:35:19 CET 2009

Hi,
I have a general question about the U-Boot Makefiles. When I want to add a
file to one of the sub-Makefiles (such as in drivers/net/Makefile or
board/atmel/at91xxxx/Makefile), it seems I need to go through several steps
in order for the new file to get compiled. I must be doing something wrong.
I've been doing this everytime I add a new file to be compiled by a
makefile:

make distclean
make at91sam9rlek_config
make at91sam9rlek_config
make clean
make -B

It seems that if I don't do all those steps, the new file is ignored and not
compiled. I think its an issue with dependencies.

I have a similar problem when I add a new .h file to an existing .c file. It
doesn't always cause the particular .c file to get recompiled.
thanks in advance,
Steve