[U-Boot] U-boot NAND boot on IMX31 3stack(ARM)

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:52:15 CET 2009

Hi

2009/3/27 alfred steele <alfred.jaquez at gmail.com>:
> Hi All;
>
> Is there an available port for  IMX31 3stack with NAND boot.
> I am looking for a U-boot port  for IMX31 stack( which supports NAND boot.
>
> The closest matches i know of as of now are as follows:
>
> MX-31 ADS
> MX-31 Phycore
> Openmoko U-boot (Samsung processor though ARM) - This is the only one
> on ARM which allows NAND boot.
>
> I haven't digged up further so I am not sure at this point which
> "port" would be a good enough one as a starting point if no existing
> port exists.

I would suggest using this patch as a base:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-January/046241.html

Use the above and the review comments posted in February as input to your work.

It's for the phycore board but it's easy to apply this for the PDK.
I've posted some PDK related patches, they should be on the mailing
list server. The PDK patches aren't in mainline U-boot yet due to the
missing NAND boot support.

Regards, Magnus Lilja