[U-Boot] core ticks/timer code

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 28 02:30:26 CET 2009

the Blackfin core tick/timer code has been around since the start of the
original port, but i'm not sure it's entirely correct.  some common code that
uses timers seems to be misbehaving in that the timeout is pretty much
immediate.  makes me think that we've spent time on making udelay() work, but
then just glossed over the rest.

unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be any docs on what exactly these
functions do so it's hard for me to verify/change any of it.

my understanding is that:
 - get_ticks - return some notion of "cpu ticks"
 - get_tbclk - return number of "cpu ticks" that elapse in one second
 - timer_init - setup a core timer
 - get_timer(x) - not really sure what this is supposed to represent, or how
"x" is used
 - reset_timer - reset core timer to 0
 - CONFIG_SYS_HZ - no idea how this relates to ticks/timer in U-Boot as in the
Linux world, this is the core timer (scheduler) frequency (how many times to
execute per second)
-mike