[U-Boot] U-boot NAND boot on IMX31 3stack(ARM)

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:48:57 CEST 2009

Hi Magnus,

Thanks!
Do you remember, off the head, what kind of hardware differences
between MX31 and Phycore.  I am kind of trying to identify the
differences between the two in order to be able to map the patch to
the differences.
Was the nand_spl directory created for imx31(PDK) NAND specific
changes. The reason i am asking is because in the
"uboot-imx-imx_v2009.01" tarball Freescale has supplied us with, the
directory already exists. I am yet to try apply your PDK patch to the
same or compare the differences yet.

I am also wondering if there is a include file which builds up a table
of working NAND devices and thier attributes which tells the U-boot on
the parameters about a particular NAND device on the board like
Block_size , page_size, device size, pages per block, device id etc.
Or This information needs to be kind of hardcoded every time.

We have been working on Redboot all this while and what's driving us
to move to U-boot is the available ability to be able to boot Linux
off the SD card on the MX31 platform.

Regards,
Alfred.