[U-Boot] ARM Pull Request

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 30 21:49:44 CEST 2009

Dear Dirk Behme,

In message <49D11E7D.5030701 at googlemail.com> you wrote:

> >> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-March/049762.html
> >>
> >> Please remove it from the pull request until everybody agreed
> > this duplicated code
>
> It would be nice if you could give the exact file in which you found
> the other/original version of this code. As already mentioned I'd like
> to compare/review it.
>
> > so I'll remove it anyway I do not want duplicated code
>
> It would be nice if we could agree on a common way how to improve
> (remove?) this code. And not just "I'll remove it anyway". Sorry if I
> misunderstood this, but it could be understood as "I will remove it
> independent of what other people think and do".

I have to admit that I, too, hesitated what that statement was
supposed to mean. Jean-Christophe, it would really be nice to raise
your complaints on the mailing list, and without too long delays, so
we can discuss things.

> > I'm not statisfy about this one I'm looking on an other implementation
> > so this patch will wait a few more days
>
> It would be nice if you could share your ideas/doubts/findings so that
> we can work together on improving this code.

Again, I agree 100%. Jean-Christophe, please share your concerns on
the mailing list, and without so long delays after the postings. It
is not your job as a custodian to fix everything yourself. It is
sufficient (and actually usualy much better, think for example about
the long-term educational aspect) just to raise your concerns and ask
the original poster to change things (or maybe he has good reasons
for doing it this way, which you didn't see). But please keep such
discussion on the mailing list, and without big delays.  Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse
time.                                                 - Merrick Furst