[U-Boot] Out-of-tree build for imx31_phycore_eet fails

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Mar 31 11:22:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Dear Guennadi,
>
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.0903302113210.4455 at axis700.grange> you wrote:
>>
>> > /bin/sh: line 1: /work/wd/tmp-arm/include/config.h: No such file or directory
>> > make: *** [imx31_phycore_eet_config] Error 1
>>
>> ok, that's just a missing
>>
>> +	@mkdir -p $(obj)include
>>
>> right? will submit.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> > Please fix.
>> >
>> > BTW: you also forgot to add your name to the MAINTAINERS file. Please
>> > fix this, too.
>>
>> Hm, this is not a new board, just a new configuration for an existing
>> board. Do we really want a new MAINTAINERS entry for it? I looked at a
>> couple other boards with multiple configs, they all had only one entry in
>> MAINTAINERS (at most:-)).
>
> I see. I thought that was a new board.

But I find this case to be different - the maintainer of the
imx31_phycore (Sascha Hauer) has never seen the eet hardware, so how is
he supposed to maintain the code?

The other examples Guennadi mentions usually were all done by the same
person.

In summary I vote for adding Guennadi as maintainer for the eet variant.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
-- Question authority!