[U-Boot] U-boot NAND boot on IMX31 3stack(ARM)

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Mar 31 22:45:15 CEST 2009

alfred steele wrote:
> I am actually confused with the values for chip size which should be
> the total chip size in MB  w.r.t  nand_flash_dev structure and
> "pagesize" as pagesize seems to be extended bytes alone in the
> datasheet which i am unable to figure of as of now. The pagesize seems
> to be different from the exact "pagesize" as in the data sheet for the
> other parts in include/linux/mtd/nand_ids.h. Do you know what to look
> for in the data sheet .

The page size that the struct wants is the main data area only, not
counting OOB.  But as Magnus pointed out, you don't need to worry about
any of this.  It should Just Work(tm).

What does need to be supplied is a controller driver.  There have been
some patches in the past, but IIRC some more work was needed to get it
mergeable.

-Scott