[U-Boot] RAM Probing for ads5121rev4

Michele De Candia (VT) michele.decandia at valueteam.com
Tue Mar 31 23:37:16 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear "Michele De Candia (VT)",
>
> In message <49D23E30.4060205 at valueteam.com> you wrote:
>
>> The issue concerns the possibility to identify DDR chips type (e.g. by
>> VendorId) before initialize them.
>> It doesn't concern configuration parameters (size, bus frequency, ecc..).
>> There isn't a DDR command to read this information, do you think it is
>> possible to solve this problem in other ways?
>>

> Yes, of course it is possible to solve this problem otherwise.
>
> In a sane hardware design you can read  this  information  from  some
> board configuration register or so; for example, on the ADS5121 there
> could  be  such  a  register implemented in the CPLD. But alas, there
> ain't none.
>
> Martha Marx posted pretty good patches (identifyung  board  revisions
> based  on  the MAC address) more than a month ago, but then failed to
> address the last review comments.
>
> If you want to get that fixed, please pick up her patches  (or  nudge
> her to do it for you).

Hi Mr. Denk,
thanks for the suggestions, we've already picked up Martha Marx patches
and they work fine on ADS5121.
We want to avoid DDR identification by board revisions because we don't
know which DDR will be used in the future and it isn't a flexible way to
do that.
After all, if it is the only way, we'll use this one.

Thanks,
Michele De Candia

--

*Michele Jr **De Candia*

Value Team

Via Vespri Siciliani, 9
20146 Milano
Tel. +39 0248985722
michele.decandia at valueteam.com <mailto:michele.decandia at valueteam.com>
http://www.valueteam.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE -This message and its attachments (if any) may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and
is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. No
notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take
any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
please delete it and any copies of it and kindly inform the sender of
this e-mail by replying or go to www.valueteam.com
<http://www.valueteam.com> on 'contacts'.