[U-Boot] Disable features

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 1 09:36:27 CEST 2009

Dear Derek Ou,

In message <49FA2FFD.3000506 at siconix.com> you wrote:

> Yes, CONFIG_RESET_PHY_R is defined by default.  And I can see it linking to
> the eth_init and then macb_init which results in the auto-negotiation.
> I am going to
> comment it out and test it.  But what is the use for this config?  Why
> does ATMEL
> define it in many of their boards?

It makes no sense to me to reset the PHY when no network command is
being used. I imagine this might be a workaround for broken Linux
drivers which do not correctly initialize the hardware themself.

I guess Jean-Cristophe knows this better than we. Jean-Cristophe ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Just think, with VLSI we can have 100 ENIACS on a chip!"
- Alan Perlis