[U-Boot] AMCC 405EX Trap

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Mon May 4 17:05:25 CEST 2009

> 1) Six boards work, one board fails.
> 2) SDRAM chips re-balled on the failing board.
> 3) SDRAM failing.
>
> That sounds like a hardware/assembly problem to me.  My bet is a solder
> problem.  Have you (can you) x-ray the chips and verify the SDRAM
> soldering is OK?

That was my initial hunch simply because of the 6 working boards.  Our hardware designer took the board in for x-ray this morning to see if there is an issue there.  If that is the problem, then we are set - though I still plan to run some extensive diagnostics on the memory just to be sure.

Good to hear that someone has the same hunch as I did!

Jonathan