[U-Boot] AMCC 405EX Trap

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon May 4 17:08:59 CEST 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009, Jonathan Haws wrote:
> > I suggest that you run some stress tests in a conditioning cabinet to see
> > if
> > the other boards don't show any problems.
>
> That is a good idea.  I haven't thought of performing those tests.  Are
> there specific tests I can enable in the U-Boot environment for that?

Perhaps the memory tests from the POST infrastructure. But from my experience
a realworld application running under Linux is a good test. For example
compiling a Linux kernel in a loop. Perhaps mounted via NFS. Something like
this should fail at some time when SDRAM related problems exist.

> We have been using a couple of these boards extensively and in some pretty
> loaded configurations.  For example, one board has been used as a data
> capture system to capture gigabytes of data over a network connection.
> That uses RAM extensively before it actually writes it out to disk.

That's good. Which OS was used here? Linux?

But Jerry's note about x-raying the problematic board is a good idea.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de