[U-Boot] Unable to debug UBOOT

Vivek DALAL dalal.vivek at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:12:57 CEST 2009

Hello guys

I am newbie in bootloader.
I am trying to port latest uboot on omap2430(poseidon board). Currently
support for omap2430 is not present in uboot; so I made changes accordingly.

I am putting it in RAM using Trace 32 debugger. But unable to get prompt.
Code hangs but giving message *"DRAM: 64MB" ...*
Please suggest me different ways of debugging uboot.
I tried using Trace 32(LAUTERBACH JTAG debugger). Loaded uboot elf
file(u-boot) into RAM. I am getting symbols and function names. But unable
to put breakpoints. Also C code is not visible even after changing mode.

Please suggest me ways to debug uboot.

--
Cheers

Vivek Dalal