[U-Boot] Unable to debug UBOOT

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:59:23 CEST 2009

Vivek DALAL said the following on 05/08/2009 01:12 AM:
> I am newbie in bootloader.
> I am trying to port latest uboot on omap2430(poseidon board). Currently
> support for omap2430 is not present in uboot; so I made changes accordingly.

would be nice to see your patches when you are ready :).. it might even
pave way to get sdp2430 support in place..
> I am putting it in RAM using Trace 32 debugger. But unable to get prompt.
> Code hangs but giving message *"DRAM: 64MB" ...*
> Please suggest me different ways of debugging uboot.
> I tried using Trace 32(LAUTERBACH JTAG debugger). Loaded uboot elf
> file(u-boot) into RAM. I am getting symbols and function names. But unable
> to put breakpoints. Also C code is not visible even after changing mode.
>
> Please suggest me ways to debug uboot
I would recommend you start with reading Lauterbach user manual(hitting
F1 key when trace32 runs will help). IMHO, Lauterbach will be the best
tool to go ahead and use esp for OMAP2-3 processors.
When you read the user manual, pay close attention to 'd.load.elf ...
/strippart /lowerpath' option also s.path..

Regards,
Nishanth Menon